Crimini mushrooms and truffles are ideal with Arborio or risotto rice, even without the Parmesan cheese.
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Chris and I were lazy pretty much all weekend long. I love those kinds of weekends! And since we were lazy, I made a simple risotto dish for dinner.
We are mushroom lovers so we really dig this wild mushroom risotto recipe. Now I know mushroom is an ingredient that most people either love or hate so if you are a lover like us, you’ll reallylove this dish. And this can easily be a vegetarian friendly dish —just swap out the chicken broth for veggie broth. Have a great week!
- 1 pound of fresh wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (I used a mix of fresh shiitake, crimini and porcini)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup of arborio rice
View original post 240 more words